Selenium 200μg Elemental
What does selenium do?
- It's a potent form of antioxidant
- It aids the function of the circulatory system as it is beneficial for blood vessel health
- It works in conjunction with vitamin E, guarding against the negative effects of free radicals
- In men, it is concentrated in the testes and seminal glands and expelled from the body in semen
What function does selenium have?
- It is a powerful kind of antioxidant, providing protection against harmful free radicals
- It works in synergy with vitamin E
- It helps to keep blood vessels healthy so is connected to the healthy functioning of the circulatory system
- In males, selenium is mainly found in the testes and seminal glands and is lost in the semen. Selenium can help to lower the risk of prostate cancer
- In certain areas or types of soil, there may be a deficiency of selenium, resulting in a reduction in the selenium levels of fruits and vegetables
- People who drink tea, coffee and alcohol may benefit, as these substances can lead to the excretion of selenium from the body
- Most supplements contain a chemical form of selenium rather than the food state form, which means it cannot be efficiently absorbed by the body
This Vibrant Food State product differs from other selenium supplements because it contains nutrients which are delivered into the body in the same form they would be in food. Research carried out in independent laboratories has shown that:
- They are much more effective and more easily absorbed than the usual chemical supplements
- They present no risk of allergy
- They do not have to be taken with food as they already contain the important food factors required for efficient absorption
- They can be taken by vegans and vegetarians
Information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only. No information is intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis or advice and should not be regarded as such.
Images are provided on this site for illustrative purposes only. Due to regular product updates the images displayed may not accurately reflect current product packaging and/or labeling.